Xantia V6

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

I meant mad for trying to do two cambelts at the same time :shock: But I have to agree that running a V6, I do question my own sanity on many occasions, but when you're actually driving the thing the rewards remind you of why you put yourself through so much pain. :D
It infuriates me to be wrong when I know I'm right

Lexia ponce

http://perception.dyndns.biz/~avengineering/index.htm
jgra1
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 2010 C5 X7 2.0 hdi 160 exc auto
MG TF 135
Boxer II 2.2 camper conversion
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R
Honda V F R 800 5thG / MT500 Armstrong

Post by jgra1 »

just hope mine doesn't snap on the way to Wales ;)

Deian (all) I know what your gonna say but... for the cost of the car I can't really justify doing the £'s of other spares along with the belt..

So I am thinking of just doing the belt as everything else is working nicely :) I see it as, if i can do the belt once and learn, then doing it again when / if a tensioner, roller, Water pump needs changing it wont be so bad..

now who is the mad one ;)
John

ok got my coat ...
deian

Post by deian »

I'm in the same boat money wise, on top of this my auto box is being bitchy this morning... plus we've had some family problems, my sister has had a car accident and her son is a quite ill, so i doubt i'll have the time to think about the car much for the next couple of weeks john, sorry if this puts a spanner in your plans.

BUT after saying that, you are more than welcome to come up to do it here, if i can do my belt at least it wouldn't be too bad either, i'd be very willing to give you a hand plus it's quite nice here, citroenxm is close by if you want to meet him too.
jgra1
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 2010 C5 X7 2.0 hdi 160 exc auto
MG TF 135
Boxer II 2.2 camper conversion
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R
Honda V F R 800 5thG / MT500 Armstrong

Post by jgra1 »

Hi Deian sorry to hear about family

no dont worry I am in no rush..

a hot weekend in June July is fine for me, might even drown myself trying to windsurf over there ;)

J