hubs

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

metgreentd

hubs

Post by metgreentd »

hi guys i now have a question regarding the front wheel hubs.my nieghbour has a xantia 1.9td and both front wheel bearings have gone now like me these cars are bieng run on a shoestring budget,my question is are the hubs on xantias interchangable?i ask because at my local breakers there is a 1.8 xantia with good hubs now i thought that diesel driveshafts were thicker than petrol ones but on trying a spare diesel driveshaft i have onto the petrol hub i find everything fits,same amount of teeth, diameter etc can anyone see any problems in using the petrol hubs as long as all the diesel parts are fitted to them?thanks again
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

No problem at all, if all fits then go ahead. As far as I know, these is no difference in hubs until you come to ML - type gearbox equipped cars (2.1TD, Activa, HDi, V6 etc).
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...