Rear seat belts

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

toldemoldham
My Cars:

Rear seat belts

Post by toldemoldham »

Im looking to change both rear seat belts due to the belts not returning and finish up dangling out of the doors,will hatch back rear belts fit the estate.paul.
02 c5 2.0 hdi sx estate
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

I don't know for sure but I would think so Paul.

This is a wretched problem, both my Xants suffer from it. Otherwise the belts are Ok so I have tought my worst offenders, my kids and their friends, to tidy the belts away before alighting. I have the same problem with the 205s as well.

This works. They get told off if they forget. If only I could teach them that they don't need to slam the doors :evil: :evil: Sometimes I fear for the glass and structural integrity of the bodyshell :lol:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
reblack68
My Cars:

Post by reblack68 »

I'd be surprised if the belts were interchangeable actually. Inertia reel belts are designed to work at a specific angle.

The belts on my estate do the same thing. I haven't looked into it yet but I'm blaming it on a routing/fouling issue rather than the belts themselves. All five belts on my saloon and the other three on the estate retract properly, I just can't see the estate's outer belts being inferior quality.
Richard

No French cars of my own at present.
Care of a 1994 205 D.
toldemoldham
My Cars:

Post by toldemoldham »

Ive had both rear pannels off to investigate any obstructions but was all clear,when i got the car 2 yrs ago the rear passenger belt did not return but rear drivers did but now both are non returning perhaps there is a spring return inside the belt casing that has either streched or snapped.paul.
02 c5 2.0 hdi sx estate
reblack68
My Cars:

Post by reblack68 »

I cured both of mine today by spraying Armor All on the top guides.

It looks like a pretty poor arrangement to me, it seems too easy for the guide to move into a position where it obstructs the return of the belt. The only thing that stops that happening is the inside of the trim. Now I come to think of it, it might be possible to improve the situation by sticking a piece of something inside the trim to stop the guide moving too far. It wouldn't affect the operation of the belt, only the retraction.
Richard

No French cars of my own at present.
Care of a 1994 205 D.
john alexander
My Cars:

Post by john alexander »

Hi if you remove the trim panels the belts work fine, but if you look at the angle they settle at you will see it does not relate to the slot in the trim panel, this causes the belt to snag. A design flaw by Heuliez.
slim123

Post by slim123 »

If You remove the belt, the carefully remove the cover, as I did in mine, you will probabally find all sorts of bits of crisps etc, a quick blow with an air line sorted mine!!

Try it, after all it's free.

Bloody kids eh.

Regards
Slim
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

just whatch out for the sticky smartys and half mellted hard boiled sweets,usualy find the belts dont return properly if they are all twisted,so pull them right out and make sure they go back flat
regards malcolm