C5 2.2. HDI 51 reg

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

C5IAM
My Cars:

C5 2.2. HDI 51 reg

Post by C5IAM »

Windscreen washers? Is the motor under the front o.s. wheel arch or somewhere under the front.
Any ideas how to get to it?
C5 2.2 HDI Exclusive
C6 2.7 Twin turbo HDI Lignage
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Yeah its at the o/s at the front bumper/wheelarch area. easiest way to get to it is probably taking the front bumper off (5 twist clips,2x T30's at the bottom & 4x T30's at the top then just pull's off.
C5IAM
My Cars:

Post by C5IAM »

Thanks for the info Wheeler, I would never have guessed it. Will try at the week end.
C5 2.2 HDI Exclusive
Sir Clive

Post by Sir Clive »

Did you have any luck in removing your front bumper? Was it as easy as Wheeler said?
My windscreen washer reservoir , or some part of the mechanism has sprung a leak which needs investigating :(
C5IAM
My Cars:

Post by C5IAM »

Hi, Sir Clive. It was quite easy. I am 67 now and leave these jobs that are a bit of a struggle to my much younger mate. He also has long thin arms and hands which are most useful.
Anyway, we did not completely remove the bumper. we had the car on a lift, undone the central screws holding the bumper and the one at the end of the bumper inside the wheel arch. The headlamp washer flap was removed, part of the undertray in that corner and the front part of the wheel arch protector. we were then able to ease all the plastic bits apart and he could get his arm in and remove the pump. Reassembly was somewhat quicker as we knew what we were up to. Couldn't get the part from Peugeot, citroen had sold there only one 5 minutes before but the local motor factor had them in stock at near enough £12. Total time to exchange it was about 50 minutes. We did of course have the benefit of using a lift in the garage. :lol:
C5 2.2 HDI Exclusive
Sir Clive

Post by Sir Clive »

Thanks for that, doesn't sound too bad a job. I don't have the luxury of a lift, but I do have a pair of ramps and my own drive to lay on :D
Hopefully my problem will be a loose pipe or something, when I fill the reservoir everything works fine until it leaks itself empty.....