xantia alarm

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

timbo
My Cars:

xantia alarm

Post by timbo »

Hi everyone, not had the xantia long but just experenced footwell flooding,while i'm drying out,thought i'd try and fix the alarm.
I dont have a working remote so first question is can i use any xantia 2 button fob if so how do i program in.Also the alarm brain has two connections not connected one green and one white should any or none be connected, i think the green has something to do with the hazzard circuit.The pannel light has always been alight since i'v dad the car, how can i re-set the system.Also the central locking plays up, locking then unlocking,is this linked to the alarm could it all be due to the 3 gallons of water in the passenger front and back footwells. Any advice most welcome (1994 LX 2.0)
oskin

Post by oskin »

Hello Timbo,
Mine is a 1997 Xantia Estate and has had alarm problems from new mainly false alarming even when the car was locked up in the garage.It also gave weird indications, for which the agents recommended removing and replacing fuse 17 which is the alarm power supply. This didn't cure it and they asked if the left footwell had been flooded because this is where the alarm control box lies. It had always been dry so they wanted to replace the control box for £150 plus. No way, so the fuse is now permanently removed, the central locking and dead locking work but the dash alarm light glows weakly at all times. Hope this helps. The locking and immediate unlocking is normally caused because all the doors are not completely closed.
allmond
My Cars:

Post by allmond »

Hi
For the footwell flooding do a search on sunroof, always your forst stop.
As far as the wires are concerned, my memory says they should be disconnected, but again do a search, this one has already been answered on this forum.
Jamie