Removal of the instrument panel?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

TehAgent
My Cars:

Post by TehAgent »

Sorted out my Alarm problem, a single wire with a Join socket. had come lose under the passenger side seat. not sure how it happened, but plugged it back in, Now it doesn't give false alarms.

Been looking over the MOT test manual, and cant find anything about the dash board lights, only the ones to do with the ABS warning light coming on.

Wanted to check to see if the Fuel level indicator light is a MOT failure or not, if it is, looks like i'm going to have to get behind that damn instrument panel after all, as it has never lite up.
1990 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo (The Fast One)
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

I don't think the fuel level light is part of the MOT test - as its not safety related - and unless a vehicle is presented for a test with a nearly empty tank it can't be tested anyway. I don't think any instruments besides a speedometer is necessary - and I've had them go through (admittedly a few years ago) without a working speedo! Much the same is true with the warning lights - think indicator tell-tales are necessary and possibly main beam (not sure about that one)

There was talk of 'if its there it must work' but I don't know if that came in.
jeremy
TehAgent
My Cars:

Post by TehAgent »

Read almost the in tire MOT manual, Hazard / indicator "tell-tails" are a requirement.

didn't realise that my post sounds like its the "low" fuel light coming on, i mean the back light for the fuel level display.

So thankful i found this forum. so far the bill would of been astronomical, had i of taken the car and got every thing sorted out in a garage.

Going to have to put my Exhaust of though, no point in fixing the rest of the car if it refuses to start.

Its definitely the battery, it went dead today and it wasn't even attached to the car lol, i only charged it last night.
1990 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo (The Fast One)