Are Xantias comfortable ??

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

f00lzz
My Cars:

Post by f00lzz »

Seats..

My personal choice are those from early Xantia V6 better support under the thigh than the standard non electric seats.. early V6 had the inflatable bolsters and the smaller headrestraints in the rear which allowed them to be removed with the seats 'in-situ' the later ones were not and are a right pain. In conclusion: the leather electric seats are better than the fabric seats.. the early leather electric seats are comfier than the later leather seats.
Ian
Account Ref: 6419

Current Cars
Nissan X-Trail SVE
Saab 2.2TiD
Merc E270 Estate

Past Citroens
2001 Xantia 3.0 Exclusive
1999 Xantia 1.9TD
1997 Xantia 3.0 Exclusive
1995 XM 3.0 Exclusive Estate
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

deian wrote:I heard the older VSX ones have inflatable bolsters to hold you tighter in the seats? If you could combine that with the comfort of the later leather ones (with the stitching across), and side airbags (which i don't have), they would be really good seats overall, but i doubt the side airbags would come with inflatable bolsters.
Yes you are right in that early VSX electric seats had adjustable bolsters whereas later versions don't.
However the later type of electric seat complete with adjustable bolsters were fitted to early Activa models, I've got them in mine :D
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
jmd
My Cars:

Post by jmd »

I have had an Xantia for the past 7 years, very disappointed with the seats at first, eventually after having the car for two years I got a damaged seat from an upmarket Xantia & changed the Lumber Support from it, to mine - this made the world of difference, so much so, that I had forgotten about the discomfort of the original seat till I read this forum