V6 Xantia Cooling Fans !!HELP!! **Please**

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Without wishing to state the obvious, you've obviously disturbed a connector somewhere (possibly also the cause of the fan problem), either that or the original fault has become worse bringing other components into 'Play', which to me would indicate that a dodgy earth is the root cause of all the problems you now have.

Take a close look in the trunking which runs under the radiator as it can fill up with water causing all manner of problems, it may have been disturbed with your 'Fiddling'.

Other places worth checking are the earthing point under the battery and the large rectangular connector behind the O/S/F headlight (the engine ECU connects onto this eventually) you'll more than likely have to remove the ecu housing box to get to it, are the main earthing straps OK between the battery, body and engine OK? My BMW M3 had a faulty earth strap which still allowed the car to start etc etc BUT wouldn't allow the alternator to charge the battery so check very carefully.

Hmm, having both the S and the Snow Flake on at the same time isn't good as it indicates the gearbox has gone into 'Get you home mode', hopefully this is just linked in with a faulty earth somewhere.

If possible, when testing circuits try to do them when they are 'Under load' as they may well perform OK until loaded with current.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
DHallworth
Donor 2023
My Cars:

Post by DHallworth »

well.... checked all the fuses, checked the connections to the ECU, everything looked ok, once again tried contact cleaner on all the connectors i had a apart, and everything looked ok.

So in the end i gave in and called the AA out.

Turns out the fuse on the engine management had popped!!

After it took the AA Man best part of 40 mins to fix it, car started first time, and the fans even work now!!

So all in all i am very chuffed!!

It was the same guy i called out at 3.30am when my XM wouldnt start on me!!

So before he drove off, he asked when i was going to stop buying french cars!!

lol

However, she is going again now, and runs nicely and doesnt overheat!!

:D

David.
'98 Xantia Activa V6 :-D
'00 XM V6 Exclusive
'09 C5 2.7 HDi Exclusive
‘10 C5 3.0 HDi Exclusive
'12 C6 3.0 HDi Exclusive
'15 C4 BlueHDi Feel