activa shuffles

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

deian

activa shuffles

Post by deian »

hi,

i was just reading a recent post saw that xantia activa cars 'shuffles', this got me curious, what exactly is this?

(this need not be a long thread really, just a quick answer for future reference)

thanks
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

When the car sits there with the heights varying a little from side-to-side as if it were doing very gentle citarobics sideways :)

It comes from the Activa Rams doing little corrections under the influence of the roll corrector, a device very similar to a height corrector but working sideways and controlling the Activa Rams.

It looks quite comical, as does an long standing Activa settling with a tilt to the nearside. It does this because the Activa system does not have Anti-Sink (or should this be Anti-Tilt) valve blocks on the rams.

A clean, lubricate and replacement of the roll corrector linkage pillow blocks sorts it out.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
deian

Post by deian »

wow cooooooooool, don't you just love citroens!! thanks for that