Electric problem with central locking

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

oscarloco
My Cars:

Electric problem with central locking

Post by oscarloco »

Hi guys

I've been experiencing a couple of small nuisances in my ZX.

The first, sometimes after I lock the doors using the remote, the door lock solenoids give a couple "extra clicks", like if the car was making sure the doors are locked. This happens mostly in wet weather.

The other one, is with the tach. Early in the morning, it gets stuck around 3k until the car has heated enough or I rev it past 5k. Sometimes it reads 2k even tough is at idle. This happens with the car cold.

Any ideas? :?:
Oscar Lopez
'94 ZX 2.0 8v petrol (restoration to its former glory on its way after being neglected by stupid Ex)
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

G'day Oscar,

I can't offer much advice on this one as I don't know the ZX, they never brought them into Oz, but I also have a poblem of a similar nature on my BX16V so hopefully we'll kill 2 birds with the one stone.

When I turn the ignition switch on my car, as it goes between "accessories" and "on" there's the sound of all the activators of the central locking operating. It only lasts for a split second and the doors don't lock.
My suspicion is that I either have a PCB somewhere tracking across or a relay shorting.
It happens in all kinds of weather I presume; can't say about the wet mainly because it rarely ever rains here any more, but we do get high humidity, so I presume the wet weather wouldn't make all that much difference. :roll:

Alan
RIP Sept 19th 2008.

She said "Put the cat out" She didn't mention it was on fire!!