SMOKEY XSARA TD

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

talbotsteve
My Cars: Had, an AX, countless BX's, ZX's, Xsara's, Xantia's, Xsara Picasso's, and now only have a C4 Picasso Lounge, which drinks tooooooo much.

Post by talbotsteve »

Up date; i have wound the boost compensator unit right down and tried the car up the road (as opposed to on the drive), now it boosts fine up to 0.7bar at about 3500rpm there is conciderably less smoke but it is as flat as the preverbrial fart??? absolutely no get up and go at all but it revs through to 4000+rpm and seems now to be boosting fairly well....ish, just doesn't feel quick????(for a diesel)
talbotsteve
My Cars: Had, an AX, countless BX's, ZX's, Xsara's, Xantia's, Xsara Picasso's, and now only have a C4 Picasso Lounge, which drinks tooooooo much.

Post by talbotsteve »

sorry yes did mean 0.5 bar :lol:
redfrus
My Cars:

smokey xsara td

Post by redfrus »

Hi, It sounds like pump timing.As the pump has been changed,is it fitted to the alloy mounting bracket in its correct location.You will find two sets of three threaded holes,so either pump can be fitted.Also check that the injector pipes are fitted in the correct order. These engines will run better than some diesel engine with crossed pipes.Hope this helps,redfrus.
talbotsteve

Post by talbotsteve »

cheers buddy i will keep checking, as i am determined to sort this car out,
ta steve