1.9td xantia cam belt

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

john alexander
My Cars:

1.9td xantia cam belt

Post by john alexander »

Hi I 've done cam belts on other cars but how do you get the bolt down the back of the cover off, ???? regards john.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

The easiest way is to take the turbo trunking off, or at least disconnect it from the turbo inlet stub and push it to one side.

You can just get to the bolt then with a small spanner. Not as bad as it looks. It does help if you have a very slim multiple-jointed arm and 9 inch long fingers though :roll:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

He he he - it also helps to know that this bolt is 11mm rather than 10mm like all the others on the cambelt covers.... :lol:

I think if you've got the typem of turbo pipes where they're held on by a jubilee clip, then the pipe needs to come off (7mm socket on the end of a flexi drive IIRC). If it's got the other type where the pipe bolts onto a flange on the turbo then it shouldn't need to come off. Don't ever expect to undo / refit the bolt by anything other than feel though :twisted:
Richard W