Spooky Xantia autobox

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

shaker

Spooky Xantia autobox

Post by shaker »

Had a peculiar episode driving home tonight - it's a 99 V reg Xantia 16v 2.0i Excusive auto - both the red lights on the gear indicator on the dash started flashing at the same time (sports mode and snow mode), although I hadn't pressed either of the buttons. It was immediately obvious that it was stuck in sports mode as the gears were holding for longer and I had all the acceleration I wanted, but the interesting thing is that when I came to a halt and moved off again it was also obvious that it was stuck in snow mode as well, as it was starting off in second gear. Caused me a nervous moment as I was going for a narrow gap and assumed it was stuck only in sports mode! Didn't make any difference moving the gear lever backwards and forwards, so came to a halt and switched off and everything was back to normal when I started up again a few minutes later.

Anyone else had anything like this?
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

This sounds like a bit of computer crashing - which is probably caused by something sparking - like a switch or plug.
jeremy
KevMayer
My Cars:

Post by KevMayer »

It's at times like this that you need a handy OBD2 fault code reader which may tell you what happened and then allow you to clear the fault from memory.

I've just got myself such a thing, although it won't work on my C5 Hdi.

If you're anywhere near Staffordshire you are welcome to try it.

Cheers, Kev
Cheers, Kev

02 plate C5 2.2 Hdi Exclusive SE (now 170k miles 03/21).

Used to have:- Xantia 1.9 TurboD SX. 1996 Blue & 1998 Silver Activa. + 1992 BX TZD Turbo.