auxillary belt on xzara 1.9d 1999

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

leigh

auxillary belt on xzara 1.9d 1999

Post by leigh »

Hi all.Its my first post so i'll try & be brief.
Have had problems with auxillary belt jumping one tooth either way on the crankshaft pulley more evident when engine is cold,car is just coming upto 90,000 miles by the way.
cambelt,water pump along with aux belt & tensioner (inc tiny shockabsorber) were changed at 60k (belts were GATES type) 1st aux belt lasted approx 10k before it started jumping & was replaced under warranty.2nd one is now doing the same again.All the pulleys were checked last time & found to be ok.
I've noticed when engine is cold that there seems to be a lot of belt movement vertical wise between the air compressor pump & the crankshaft pulleys. Engine is DW8 type by the way.
Any clues on this one please.
Great site by the way
Leigh
jmd
My Cars:

Post by jmd »

Check if all your Pulleys are running freely, & aligned properly, also was your water pump changed when the belts were changed. I did have to renew a pulley on my Xantia at around 90,000 miles. Think it was the lower front one (not sure what it does) Good Luck. Sorry I cannot be more helpful, Something is putting pressure on your belt to cause this but as an Xantia owner I am not acquainted with the Xzara.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Would be the same engine as found on some late Xantiae.

JMD is right : have the crank pulley (on engine) checked - and do it ASAP !
The pulley could be cracked, with the risc it will suddenly split and possibly penetrate nearby components during drive :shock:

Another problem which also could apply to your xsara :
http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... baaede82a7
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image