Whats it worth

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

DHallworth
Donor 2023
My Cars:

Whats it worth

Post by DHallworth »

I mentioned in a previous post that i was looking at buying a C5 with a dead HDi Engine.

I bought this car with intentions of swaping the engine with a spare HDi engine i had.

Between showers in the last couple of weeks i have washed the car and hoovered the interior.

However with work commitments and the weather in scotland i just dont have the time or the inclination to get soaked doing it!!

Citroen C5 SX
Its a Y Reg
HDi 110
190k miles
Silver in Colour
Grey Velour interior (always had seat covers on)
Manual
MOT till September '07 i think
Tax till June '07
Alloy Wheels
3 tyres are good, one slightly scrubbed, could be rescued it tracking was done now.
Tow Bar
Couple of little dents around the car.

Tidy car that i had intended to give to my mother to try and tempt her out of her Rover 200 that she seems to live :(

I also have a spare HDi engine that i am willing to negotiate on price with if the car was collected quickly.

Time and weather is my problem, but so are my parents as i have to many cars at home:

2 Peugeot 306's
3 Citroen XM's
4 Land Rover Forward Controls.

So unfortunately the C5 has to go i think.

Regards
David.
'98 Xantia Activa V6 :-D
'00 XM V6 Exclusive
'09 C5 2.7 HDi Exclusive
‘10 C5 3.0 HDi Exclusive
'12 C6 3.0 HDi Exclusive
'15 C4 BlueHDi Feel
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

I'd guess that it's not worth a whole lot, probably around the £3k mark if it wasn't for the engine being a tad dead .... with the dead engine you're down to salvage value, which with the mileage might be a couple of hundred pounds.

I have to say I'm tempted to make you and offer, but of late I don't have the amount of time I'd need to swap the engine. The weather is getting nicer, with the summer only a few months away, is it not worth the hassle to you of waiting and doing the engine swap when the weather is nice?