Replacing ZX front wing

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Elwyn
My Cars:

Replacing ZX front wing

Post by Elwyn »

Following a lorry hitting my ZX while parked I need to replace the offside front wing. Is this straightforward? Any tips, advice please?
(1996 1.9d leader 2 door)
Thanks
Elwyn
Elwyn

2005 Picasso
1996 ZX
1980 Dyane - still going strong
swiss_steve
My Cars:

Post by swiss_steve »

Yep, it's fairly straight-forward; I've had to do it on mine twice before, for the similar reasons as yourself.

Front bumper has to come off. After you've removed the obvious bolts in the front, make sure you remember the little bolts and 'hidden screw' on the inside of the wing (accessible after you remove the wheelarch liner), this you have to do on both sides of the car - that will eventually let the bumper be removed.

You'll also need to remove the washer bottle. It's a bit fiddly getting it out as there is some wiring attached to the top of the bottle, and tubing etc; getting it back in is even more fun. Remember to remove the side indicator out of the wing BEFORE you try to remove the bottle - it's impossible, otherwise. Once the bottle is out, you'll be able to access the rear wing attach bolt.

Provided the bolt at the very bottom of the wing (holding it to the cill) is not rusted in, the rest of the removal process is not a problem. Whole job should take 2 hours (for your first time).

Good luck!

Steve
Proud owner of two Citroens:-
'R' reg 1998 Xantia 1.9 TD Temptation Estate.
'N' reg 1996 ZX 1.9 TD Aura Estate.
Elwyn
My Cars:

Post by Elwyn »

Thanks Steve, useful stuff, clearly put. I'll give it a go.
Thanks again,
Elwyn
Elwyn

2005 Picasso
1996 ZX
1980 Dyane - still going strong