xsara headlight bulb replacement

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Danmar

xsara headlight bulb replacement

Post by Danmar »

how do you replace the headlight bulb on a y reg diesel xsara, it seems impossible unless your hands are very very tiny, or do you have to start dimantling the car. thanks
volcane305

Post by volcane305 »

I have recently bought a Y reg xsara hdi and have changed all of the headlight bulbs. At first glance I thought it was impossible and even started to try to remove the headlight unit but decided against proceeding. I went had a mug of tea and thought it can't be that hard!!!
It isn't easy but when you remove the rubber caps from the rear of the headlight unit it starts to get a little easier than it looks. Then remove the cable supplying the power and then undo the clip, you can't really see what you are doing but it can be done by feel. I found replacing the bulb is at least as difficult. I was assisted by surgical forceps but it is possible with a little care. One tip is be in a well lit area and look into the front of the headlamp when replacing a bulb, also line the bulb up sort of correctly before attempting to put it in. Looking through the front of the headlamp makes it a lot easier.
Good luck.
reffro
My Cars:

Post by reffro »

Or buy your bulbs from Halfords and get them to fit them for two quid each, standing over them making sure they don't get their greasy fingers all over the bulbs.
Dunno if they do it in all stores but my local store will fit the bulbs you buy for you.