Xantia electric window switch

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Burly Chassis

Xantia electric window switch

Post by Burly Chassis »

Hello, hope someone can help.. the switch on the passenger offside door no longer operates the window on our X reg hdi sx estate. These switches are illuminated and I noticed all the other's lights are working. Because the window can be operated from the central switches next to the parking brake I'm assuming, bear of little brain that I am, that I have a switch problem, nothing else.

If anyone could enlighten me further that would be great. Also, as for accessing the little blighter.. do I remove the plastic piece that the switch and door handle sit in (if so how) or is it a full panel removal job?

Thanks again

Mrs B. Chassis

AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Carefully lift up the switch by inserting a thin bladed tool any kind under the edge. Easy patience does it.

A quick check is to swap the switch with the other side's. If the fault moves - its the switch at fault.
If the fault persists - its probably the wiring - and then most likely a chafed wire in the door to pillar rubber bellow.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

AndersDK wrote:Carefully lift up the switch by inserting a thin bladed tool any kind under the edge. Easy patience does it.
Its better to use a size 10 Torx driver on the small screw on the underside of the panel below the switch otherwise the panel will never quite sit correctly.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
Burly Chassis

Post by Burly Chassis »

Thanks AndersDK and DickieG. I found the small screw underneath, removed the panel and then swapped the switch with the one in the nearside door that does work and... window still doesn't work. Jiggled the rubber boot containing wiring from door to pillar to no avail, no obvious loose wire there.

Next step door panel? Or strip the rubber boot off? Or paint the rear windows and call it a van?

Gratefully yours (again),

Mrs B.Chassis
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Burly Chassis wrote:Jiggled the rubber boot containing wiring from door to pillar to no avail, no obvious loose wire there.
Still, a wire could be broken.
Hate to tell you but sounds like a door strip job and some electric fault tracing.

Its easier using a self adhesive film, than painting the glass :wink:
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image