ZX Crash!!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

My "new" ZX is finaly sorted now and all swops - repairs completed. :)

Total cost to me was approx £500. But where can you get a car in good condition, with no known faults, fully inspected and fully serviced for anywhere near that sort of money! :)

Does anyone know where I can get a lower front panel with the recess's for fog lights? Aura or Volcane? Colour doesn't matter (I will paint it) I dont really need the lights to be working as I already have some.. Thanks..

Pics on my 'new Blue' ZX :)

Last edited by James.UK on 25 Mar 2007, 02:18, edited 1 time in total.
James. (Nr M67 East of Manchester).
Dark Blue ZX 1.9D Auto 1994 'L' 5 dr (modified) Aura. 98K miles used daily. Ave mpg 40
Wedgewood Blue 75 CTD auto Connoissaur. 2002. 144k. used daily. ave mpg 40 ish.
Stewart(oily)
My Cars: Citroens since 1990, BX Diesel, GTI, TZD with 1.9 TD running extra boost before it was fashionable!, ZX Volcane TD, S2 Xantia break 1.9TD, Xantia HDI 110, currently zipping about in a C2 Diesel. C2 died from the dreaded worm, C3 Picasso HDI Exclusive, the adventure continues.

Post by Stewart(oily) »

Nice looker James, I think the panel you are after is the whole bumper.
Stewart
BXs since 1993 built 1.9 TZD turbo, got a S2 Xantia estate, brilliant car! 2013, Xantia HDI LX 110 2000 new car with 122,000, l C2 HDI Rusty rocket, C3 Picasso HDI new to me.
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Hiya Stewart. :) whoops. :oops: #-o Ah ok thanks. Sooo anyone got a front bumper with recess's (?) for fog lamps then?? :lol:
Dark Blue ZX 1.9D Auto 1994 'L' 5 dr (modified) Aura. 98K miles used daily. Ave mpg 40
Bananaman
My Cars:

Post by Bananaman »

James - does your car not have the cut outs "marked" on the bumper already - if so they are simple to remove by either using a hot knife or jigsaw with fine blade, I took the ones out of my reflux easily enough.
If you have the lamps and recess ass'y off your old car they wil fit straight in.
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Ello nice man from the Banana Republic. :lol:

Nah my old fogs were very small, I had a right game marking the holes out for them! And unfortunately they got rather rusty anyway. Not worth re-using. :(

The car does have the cut outs marked, but I guess it depends on the size of the fog light as to whether or not they fit the marked cut out? And getting behind the bumper to get the lights into place don't look very easy?

I was hopeing to fit the lights to a new bumper off the car, with a fair lenght of wire over, then fit the bumper to the car and get my tame mech to finish the wiring for me? :-k I salvaged the front dash fog switch. :) .. And the Aura looms have the dash pre wired I think.

Does anyone make front foglights the right size especialy for the early ZX? If so, I will try to get some..

I can give the lights I have to my bro for his 94 Rover 623. :)