Citroen Synergie dash removal?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

MickyA
My Cars:

Citroen Synergie dash removal?

Post by MickyA »

The backlight on my odometer has stopped working making it almost impossible to read the lcd display. Does anyone know if the full dash needs to be removed to replace the bulb? Strangely there isn't a Haynes manual for the Synergie/806/Ulysse and the Russek manual apparently only covers mechanicals. Any comments on the usefulness of the Russek Manual?

Thanks
M Anderson
Gammy leg
My Cars:

Post by Gammy leg »

Micky,

I managed to remove the instrument panel from my Synergie to replace panel bulbs, although mine is not digital display. From memory you need to unscrew & remove the plastic surround that fits into the hole in which the instrument panel sits and most likely the upper & lower steering column cowls. I left the steering wheel alone because of Airbag worries. Be prepared to lose lots of knuckle, hand and forearm skin in the process as the wiring looms are cut mm perfect - not much room for fat fingers!!

Russek book is very basic but as you say no Haynes manual exists. I have invested in a couple of repair CD's from Ebay but neither of those are particularly brilliant either.

Last year on Ebay there was a pukka 5 or 6 volume Citroen workshop manual for sale which covered everything, went for about £55

Gammy
Daveyb
My Cars:

Post by Daveyb »

have done this job myself .You have to first remove the central air vents 4 torx screws I believe then unscrew all the screws around the plastic surround of the instrument panel there are two screws for the base of this behind the steering colum cowl so you will need to remove it.Once you have the surround out the instrument panel is easy.I would say replace all the bulbs as I was told to do as invariably others will go very soon.I took no notice of this advice and had to do the job twice in one week.This is how I seem to remember doing the job.The two lower screws are the difficult part.Hope this is of help.

1998 1.9TD Exclusive Synergie
Daveyb
Daveyb
My Cars:

Post by Daveyb »

The Digital bulb is separate one from the rest and only light the digital display
Daveyb
Daveyb
My Cars:

Post by Daveyb »

You may have to use the steering up / down adjustment to remove the cowl
Daveyb