Clutch Clip Broke - HELP!!!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

ijust refit the pedle with the new block and clip attatched,but with the clip half in place not all the way home,now lift the pedle up as high as it will go make sure the nylon tube part of clip block enters the tube in the bulkhead,with the cable disconected at the gear box end get someone to push the inner cable in towards you untill it wont go anymore,now with a long screw driver push the clip all the way home,let the pedle drop to the floor then tug on the inner cable from the other end,this should lift the pedle up do this a couple of times to make certain it it attatched,bobs you uncle doodars your aunt
regards malcolm

ps.
dont forget to put the bolt back the other direction
Evodad
My Cars:

Post by Evodad »

It'a amazing how we've all got our subtley different ways of doing this job.

I guess it's what works best for us at the time!
320i coupe

Post by 320i coupe »

By jove I’ve done it!

Just going to connect up the battery tonight, then see how it feels on the peddle.

I’ve put the bolt in the wrong way round now, so will be easier to do if (hopefully it wont for a while???) it happens again, and shouldn’t be as hard now because I know the nack of doing the job.

The hardest part was getting the bloodyh spring back on the brake pedal, but I did find it a lot easier to push the clip on to the cable before I bolted back in….

Im presuming that the clutch cable is of an auto adjust, as there doesn’t seem to be an adjusting nut at the gearbox end…..

Can anyone confirm this???

Anyway, thanks to everyone for their continued help with these quirky French cars, and I must admit they do grow on you, I’ve missed it dearly while its been off the road!

Steve
'97 Xantia 1.9TD Estate
slim123

Post by slim123 »

If there is no nut at the gearbox end, it will be self adjusting.

Regards
Slim.
320i coupe

Post by 320i coupe »

Hi all,

Took her on the maiden voyage last night, and all is ok, no adjustment needed as expected.

Gears engage smoother, and don’t have as much judder on the clutch.

Next job on the list is the radiator to be changed, then balljoint for the MOT in two weeks, although the garage will help with these items!

So thankyou all for your help, and if anyone is the Manchester area needs help, I’ll gladly provide assistance!

Steve
'97 Xantia 1.9TD Estate