door latch

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dan_the_v8man
My Cars:

door latch

Post by dan_the_v8man »

Hi

my xantia unlocks its self as soon as i lock it. the indicators on each door go down and then come straight back up

sat inside the car and tried pushing each one down manually. pressing the passenger side indicator down, all the indicators stayed down. pressing the drivers side one down and the fault returns.

so from this im assuming the fault is with the drivers side latch/lock/contact unit which the operating rods all connect to

does any one know where i can purchase a replacement one of these from? i've looked on the gsf and eurccar parts websites but they seem to have nothing and i dont fancy getting ripped off by the citroen dealership

Cheers

Dan
Dec 94 Xantia LX 1.9 TD 116k - My first car :D
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

I think it may be the motor - which has a set of change over contacts or something in it. Generic ones - like Maplins fit straight in a BX with some wiring adaptions - all for less than £10 (2 types - 5 wire for switched doors, 2 wire for back ones)

2 wires on the motor operate the motor, 3 for the switchs - one feed and 2 switched outputs - operating one at a time depending on the motor position.
jeremy
dan_the_v8man
My Cars:

Post by dan_the_v8man »

yes it is. the latch, motor and contacts are one intergrated unit on the xantia. it has the latch built into one and a few arms that go off to the interior and exterior handle, lock indicator and the lock barel.

just had a look on the maplins website. they must have updated the part for the xantia as it looks nothing like the one on there website. cheers all the same
wrinklet1
My Cars:

Post by wrinklet1 »

Hi,
I think you will find out that the problem will lie with the passenger door lock, in fact it will probably lie with the wiring harness that has loosend away from the door lock. I had a similar problem on my Mk1 Xantia. The doors unlocked when using the remote control or the drivers door lock. I just removed the door card on the passenger side and pushed the harness connection to the lock right into the lock itself. It worked fine from then on.

Paul
1xAmi,3xGS,2xBx,2xAX,2xSaxo,1xXantia mk I,2xXantia MkII,1xC1,2xC2,
dan_the_v8man
My Cars:

Post by dan_the_v8man »

wrinklet1 wrote:Hi,
I think you will find out that the problem will lie with the passenger door lock, in fact it will probably lie with the wiring harness that has loosend away from the door lock. I had a similar problem on my Mk1 Xantia. The doors unlocked when using the remote control or the drivers door lock. I just removed the door card on the passenger side and pushed the harness connection to the lock right into the lock itself. It worked fine from then on.

Paul
just been out and tried it with both doors, no such luck :(
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Be sure to test both frontdoors.

Then try just blip the key in the lock, making sure you dont hold the lock motors contact set by the key.
I have a similar problem right now with my BX TD. Does not like to lock, i.e. unlocks immdiately after lock. But playing a bit back and forth with the key in the barrel usually does the trick.
I believe that in my instance its the lock drive rod bracket on the barrel that is sticking (it should be spring loaded to revert).
Would not surprise me its dry & rusty after 18 years of service.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
dan_the_v8man
My Cars:

Post by dan_the_v8man »

i originally found this fault with the key.

when i bought the car the plip didnt work, but after spending £10 on a new plip off ebay and 5 mins programming, i had remote central locking but the problem transfered across

i've borrowed another latch from a friend whos xantia is currently off the road to make sure my diagnosis is correct

if so does any one know where i can get a replacement latch?

cheers all

Dan