ZX: crazy central locking

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Village
My Cars:

ZX: crazy central locking

Post by Village »

on arriving at work this morning I locked my car (ZX Dimension TD '97) and it promptly unlocked itself (as it does if you lock the doors with another door open), it did this several times.

I locked the car by using the passenger door lock (with the key).

I tried to unlock the car on the drivers side but it only unlocked that door (no CL)

Am I cursed, or is this just Citroen Character?

Cheers
Pete
French car free zone....
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

I think its the drivers door lock motor. These have switches in them which reverse the current - and if they fail it thinks its being unlocked.

I've never seen a ZX lock motor - but generic ones sold by Maplins drop straight into a BX - and cost - less than £10. There are 2 types - 5 wire for doors with key switches and 2 wire for those without.
jeremy
wrinklet1
My Cars:

Post by wrinklet1 »

Hi,
I think you will find out that the problem will lie with the passenger door lock, in fact it will probably lie with the wiring harness that has lossend away from the door lock. I had a similar problem on my Mk1 Xantia. The doors unlocked when using the remote control or the drivers door lock. I just removed the door card on the passenger side and pushed the harness connection to the lock right into the lock itself. It worked fine from then on.

Paul
1xAmi,3xGS,2xBx,2xAX,2xSaxo,1xXantia mk I,2xXantia MkII,1xC1,2xC2,