Citroen Vs Peugeot 2.1TD

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

rory_perrett
My Cars: Xantia Exclusive 110Hdi Estate 1999

Citroen Vs Peugeot 2.1TD

Post by rory_perrett »

Does anyone know whether the ancillary parts on a Peugeot 2.1td engine eg ECU, fly by wire throttle etc are the same as those on a Citroen engine and therefore interchangable?

Regards

Rory
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

I had a Citroen XM 2.1 td fly by wire engine which I never actually fitted but it looked to be almost a direct swap. The existing manual pump throttle cable fits into the throttle pot on the fly by wire type and all the sensors appear to be mounted on the engine, except one that screws to the scuttle top rail, and all the leads go into a multi way plug which fits the ECU which mounts next to the suspension ECU. I think all you have to do is find a 12v supply for it. Failing that you can always fit a mechanical pump.
BonceChops
My Cars:

Post by BonceChops »

Almost everything. Be careful with the ECU though as there are different ones. I think it depends on the immobiliser fitted, I tried a 406 one of my Xantia and it did not work. I currently have a 406 injection pump on my Xantia, it worked fine when fitted a couple of months ago. I bought some of the fuel pipes, filter O ring seal etc from the Peugeot stealer because they were closer than the Citroen one.
Neil
Now Citrtoenless