Xantia Front Door Window

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Malcolm
My Cars:

Xantia Front Door Window

Post by Malcolm »

'98 Xantia Estate LX
I was investigating something a few days ago and unplugged a relay under dashboard above accelerator pedal. I replaced it immediately and noticed current flowing - a few sparks when putting it back in. This may be coincidental but it's worth mentioning.

The wife's been out today and tells me that front electric windows not working and she's right. The switch illumination is not on either.

I've had a look at fuses - F27, F29 - 30A & F30 -15A but other things would be off if F30 were at fault.

The wiring diagram in Haynes mentions a '6030' - Sequential electric window control, I assume that this is for left and right switches for LH door motor. Possibly not the issue.

Has anyone had similar experience. Any suggestions please? Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks Malc.
Malcolm
'98 Xantia Estate LX - RIP 13/08/16
'08 Renault Trafic 115dci
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Hi Malcolm -

The device 6030 would be the one-touch circuit in drivers window control circuit. IF FITTED. (May not be fitted to all UK versions)

If you look closely at the schematic you'll see you should not have any power to the EW's if the ignition is off. Only if the ignition key is in aux or drive position, the feed relay 6021 is energised via fuse F30.
The EW's in turn are then fed through the relays make contacts via fuse F29 off the battery +12V distributor block BB10.

It must have been relay 6021 you had out when you observed the sparking while re-inserting the relay. Also the ignition must have been on to do this. You should never mess around with the cars electric system having the ignition on :idea:

Try replace fuse F29 - which exclusively feeds the front EW's
- no matter it "looks OK".

Note that the rear EW's have a separate circuit.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
Malcolm
My Cars:

Post by Malcolm »

Thanks for reply Anders.

Just before I dash out to work, I have tried an alternative fuse F29 and still no EWs or lights in switches with ignition on.

So does this indicate possibly relay not operating or switched supply not continuous. Both EWs and lights not on, it's got to be common. Nothing else that could have 'blown' to give this result?

I appreciate that ignition should have been off, if it wasn't but....

The car does not have rear EWs but does have one touch for driver's window i.e. 6030.

Got to go now, thanks again.

Malc
Malcolm
'98 Xantia Estate LX - RIP 13/08/16
'08 Renault Trafic 115dci
lolingram
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by lolingram »

Take off the doortrim and try running an independant earth direct to the car from the loom inside the door. After high mileages, the earth is often the first to break in the flexi part of the connecting wiring from door to car.

I have had this happen on 2 different Xantias with 150K+ miles.
R.I.P. January 2010.
XM 2.1 auto VSX 1996 - Bosch Inj, Xantia HDi 90 estate 1999, Xantia 1.9TD 1997
Previously...
GS 1970, Dyane 1974, Xantia 94 VSX TD, XM 94, 2.1 auto - Lucas Inj, XM 92 2.1 estate - Lucas Inj