Citroen C5 Hatchback lid.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jsgarth
My Cars:

Citroen C5 Hatchback lid.

Post by jsgarth »

March 2003 - Citroen C5 2.0 HDI VTR

I have recently purchased this car and like it very much, however it does have a fault with the hatchback boot lid. A week after I bought it, the switch under the number plate light stopped working I could only open the boot by crawling into the boot from the inside the car and use a screw driver, in the hole at the back of the lock (as instruction book). The car was returned to the garage where the technician diagnosed corrosion in the switch, he replaced the innards where the corrosion was discovered. It seemed fine I collected the car. However the next day the problem had reversed, the boot lid was now opening when not required. It is now likely to release the boot lid, enabling it to be lifted up at any of the following operations:
i) When the key fob is used to unlock the car.
ii) When any of the doors are opened
iii) Even for no apparent reason!

While searching the Internet for a solution, I came across this marvellous forum, that I had not seen before, even though my last car was a much loved Xantia, that I drove for 9 years. My hope is that one of the many experts has come across this problem before and can offer me a possible solution?

JSG
JSG