Air bubbles in the LHM gives harsh ride?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

JohnCKL
My Cars:

Post by JohnCKL »

I still have the issue of the front hydractive pipes to sort out - the steel part below the joint that clamps onto the wing I just noticed is actually pressed up against a bracket on the body metal to metal, and free to move around.
Simon, I emailed you a couple of pics, did you receive them?
Xantia 1.9TD 1996
steelcityuk
My Cars: not applicable

Post by steelcityuk »

I don't agree that tyre profiles have no effect on the ride comfort on Hydractive Citroens. Over the larger bumps maybe not but on the small stuff the sidewall are going to flex (or not) before the suspension can react to it. Also some Citroen drivers swear that different brands of tyres give different rides. I'm sure they have an effect on the small stuff at least that can give fidgety ride.

Steve.
not applicable
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

JohnCKL wrote:
I still have the issue of the front hydractive pipes to sort out - the steel part below the joint that clamps onto the wing I just noticed is actually pressed up against a bracket on the body metal to metal, and free to move around.
Simon, I emailed you a couple of pics, did you receive them?
Hi John,

Opps, did I not reply ? :roll: Sorry, I have a lot on my mind at the moment other than cars :lol: Yes your pics were very helpful, I'm now trying to obtain (or make) some spacers and bolts so I can restore the mounting to how it should be. Bad weather and being busy with other stuff is hindering that though so it could be a few weeks...

Regards,
Simon
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

steelcityuk wrote:I don't agree that tyre profiles have no effect on the ride comfort on Hydractive Citroens. Over the larger bumps maybe not but on the small stuff the sidewall are going to flex (or not) before the suspension can react to it. Also some Citroen drivers swear that different brands of tyres give different rides. I'm sure they have an effect on the small stuff at least that can give fidgety ride.

Steve.
There is no doubt the tyres affect the ride over very small abrupt bumps - like joins in the level of the seal, etc. It's impossible for suspension to move for those types of bumps due to friction and unsprung weight inertia, and its up to the tyre sidewall to absorb them...and if you don't HAVE any sidewall, you know the outcome.... :wink:

Regards,
Simon
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Guys -

I will have to lock this thread soon, as the posting limit on the thread is closing in. Rather than you post something out in the air - never landing. Or we get a forum crash on this thread.

Can you please finish off discussions in this thread - and then continue in a "part 2" on the subject air bubbles in the LHM.

Thanks, Anders.

EDIT :
For future reference : readers please find the subject continued in this thread :
http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... hp?t=22307
Please continue postings there.

Thanks, Anders.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image