Red light when moving form low to normal

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

windysurferuk

Red light when moving form low to normal

Post by windysurferuk »

Hi

I drop my suspension to the lowest setting and when going back to normal hight the red stop light always lights up for several secounds and then goes out.
The car then returns to normal ride hight.It is also a bit reluctant to drop from full hight to low at the rear.

What should I be checking first

Car is a 2.1 xantia sx 1998

cheers
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Nothing.

Nothing at all.

Your Xantia is performing perfectly normal.

Reason for the hydraulic warning is simple :
Once the suspension height is set to low, you completely exhaust all pressure in the suspension system. Thats why it sinks down on its knees in the first place.

At the moment you set the lever to normal or high suspension setting, you are instantly yelling to the pressure source : give me all the pressure you've got and more to !
Because you then suddenly have 4 suspension spheres and 1 antisink sphere to pressurise for normal suspension.
But you only have 1 (one !) accumulator sphere, and one pump working gasping overtime for up to a few minutes until it keeps up with your commands. In the meantime the pressure is too low and you get the warning light on.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
windysurferuk

Post by windysurferuk »

Thanks for the answer Anders
ekaftan
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2006 C5 II Exclusive V6
1996 Volvo 940

Post by ekaftan »

AndersDK wrote:Nothing.

Nothing at all.

Your Xantia is performing perfectly normal.
As a matter of fact, I spotted a for sale Xantia with a miswired safety light switch with that test. You could put it down and the back up and the light would never flash. That car also had a broken float sender..