Draining Lake Xantia

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Fox
My Cars:

Draining Lake Xantia

Post by Fox »

First of all a huge thanks to everyone who suggested my lake was caused by a sunroof drainoff - did the water trick, they all worked bar the one nearest the huge pool of water, unblocked and its now flowing fine :)
Now the nightmare job of removing the water - currently using an old vax thing which is sucking water up - been at it 30 minuites now and I must have easily removed 5 litres, the sponge under the carpet holds so much :(
Access to under the carpet is limited so I'm sucking through the carpet - I cannot see a way of removing the carpet in the rear passenger footwell without removing seats etc etc - is there another way or can anyone suggest how I can finally drain Lake Xantia? :)
Thanks.
1994 Citroen Xantia SX 1.9 Turbo Diesel
147,500 miles
Lee1701
My Cars:

Post by Lee1701 »

I too have had a swimming pool installed into my trusty xantia. Mine is in the front so that the passenger can dabble his/her feet whilst in transit. It also refills itself, so that i dont have that bother, which is very convenient as you can imagine. It hardly causes any problems with the alarm/central locking system which is in the same said footwell, causing a soothing dim red glow from the alarm LED, whether the system is armed or not. Add this to the irridescent yellow shine that i get from the ever-constant ecu light, and i am but a sound system away from having a disco as well! Lucky 'ole me, that's what i say. ;)
Lee
alexg

Post by alexg »

Only way I've been able to dry out the carpets on my Xantia ia to remove them all, hang on a washing line to drip for a day or two, then leave them inside for about a week (in the summer). Don't think you'll ever get them dry in this awful weather we're having. the foam seems to be very resistant to drying out..And yes, you have to loosen the centre console and remove the seats so it's a day's work to get them out or in...
Regards Alex G
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

An old fashioned method - is there a convenient bung in the floor that you could remove to allow the water to drain out? - if not you could bore a hole (careful with mains powered drills)
Obviously the source will have to be found eventually but at least the carpet would be damp not sodden in the interim. Depending on the construction of the xantia you may have to puncture the cover to the foam underlay to let the water drain through that.
Jeremy