xsara hdi relay location

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mipster
My Cars:

xsara hdi relay location

Post by mipster »

I've a fault on my wifes Mk2 Xsara HDi 90.

The feed to the fuel pump is only 4-5v (pump now needs replacing), the same voltage is present at both the fuel pump and ecu fuses.

Does anybody know where the double relay is on this HDi? I've tried tracing the wires but with no luck and the relay isn't in view.

The book of lies isn't being much use, it's for the Mk1 and the wiring diagram doesn't match what's in the car anyway.

I don't suppose anybody has a VDO in tank pump? GSF don't stock it

TIA,

Mark.
98 Xantia 2.1TD Estate 140,000mls
01 Xsara HDI, 130,000mls
97 Xantia TD, 240,000mls (died in france)
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Mark,

Strangely, my mate has been battling just this on a 2000 HDi 306 that last couple of days! Car wouldn't start and he was only getting about 5v at the pump. He eventually found that the interia switch had activated ( no idea why though :twisted: ) - a cheap fix! I would make sure you can get 12V to the pump before condemning it - and trying the inertia switch has got be a good start!

Anyway, here are the pics from citroen-pr.net shoowing the brown combination relay - possibly under the ECU in first pic (Item 2, Bosch system) and bolted to the inner wing in the second pic (Item 3, Siemens system)

http://www.citroen-pr.net/catalogues/il ... 41B80A.gif
http://www.citroen-pr.net/catalogues/il ... 41B82A.gif

The relay has the same part no in either case (19207L), and only costs £12.64.
Richard W
jp6666
My Cars: citroen xzara picasso hdi 90hp

Re: xsara hdi relay location

Post by jp6666 »

Hi
I cannot find mine either
let me know if you find it
thanks
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: xsara hdi relay location

Post by wheeler »

It may not have a separate relay, later models the fuel pump relay is integrated into the under bonnet fuse box (BSM) this changed around 2001 sometime.
if the horn push is on the steering wheel you have the later model with no separate fuel pump relay. If the horn push is on the end of the lighting stalk then it will have a seperate relay next to the ECU.