Online Spare parts, Germany

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Mads
My Cars:

Online Spare parts, Germany

Post by Mads »

Spares are pretty expensive and the selection for my C3 is not too good in Denmark, so I have been surfing the web a bit and found the German online shops to carry a good selection at reasonable prices incl. shipment to Denmark (Shipment from UK shops is pretty expensive). I'll probably have a go at buying parts there next time, but I wonder if any of you have experience in shopping at German online shops, and if you would be able to recommend one with good quality parts and descent prices?
Mads

C3 1.4HDi, 2003, 85000km
Xantia 2.0 16v Estate, 1997, 195000km
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

do this company have a web address so we can all have a look
regards malcolm
Mads
My Cars:

Post by Mads »

I did not have one particular shop in mind, actually I browsed a few looking at shipping costs (Versandkosten), diesel filters (Kraftstoffilter) and Headlights (Scheinwerfer). A couple of example are

Fairly cheap:

http://autoteil-ersatzteil.de

and a little more expensive shop but where you can see who produced the part:

http://www.100pro-ersatzteile.de

I'm sure there is plenty more shops, so my question was realy if any one on the forum could recomend a shop?
Mads

C3 1.4HDi, 2003, 85000km
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Mads, are you dead sure www.thansen.dk can NOT compete with a German dealer + "versandkosten".

Remember : German shop price tags are no longer DM, but euros, which is 7.45 x Dkr :shock:

My personal experience with German shops is that they are WAY too expensive, even compared to the general Danish price level for spareparts.
Its just like they replaced the "DM" with "€" when they changed their currency a few years back - but not the figures in the pricetags :?
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
Mads
My Cars:

Post by Mads »

Anders, Maybe some parts are same price level, but some are definitely cheaper in Germany. An example is a headlight for my C3:

At www.autoteil-ersatzteil.de the price is: 121.8EURO + 12.5EURO in Shipping = 1000,- DKK. At T-Hansen I just paid 1275,- (excl. shipping and incl. 12% discount :cry: ) (12EURO shipping is OK !! 8) )

I also have had some bad experience with the spare quality from THansen: Lately the rubber on the new drop links for my Xantia had rotted after less than 6 months, the first drop link I changed broke due to a bad welding, the new cat. for my Xantia had a wrong flange etc. etc. Honestly I am starting to worry about car safety using their parts, so I'll have to use one of the more expensive but hopefully more reliable suppliers (Skovgård & Schmidt?) or alternatively a good and fair priced online shop somewhere, e.g. Germany.

The spare selection for my C3 is rather thin in Denmark, for example I can't get a diesel filter from others than the main dealers.

All in all, I think there is good reason for looking for alternative suppliers, maybe it is not possible to find one with better price/quality, but I think there is a fair chance.
Mads

C3 1.4HDi, 2003, 85000km
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Thanks for the german shop links Mads.
I have tried http://www.skovgaard-schmidt.dk/ on several occasions over the past 6 years or so. Never had a problem. I sincerely recommand these guys as Citroen spare parts suppliers.
Note that they stock several GSF part numbers.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
Mads
My Cars:

Post by Mads »

Hi Anders,

Thanks for your reply. I also have good experience with "skovgaard-smidt". Problem is they mainly stock spares for "old'is" Citroens, so their selection for C3's is not that good.

Pls. note that I haven't tried the German suppliers yet. When I do I'll post here to share my experience.
Mads

C3 1.4HDi, 2003, 85000km