slider/switch illumination question

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

deian

slider/switch illumination question

Post by deian »

hi again,

all the lights work except the one behind the heating/ventilation/fan sliders and air con switch, they do flicker from time to time, so i guess there is a loose connection somewhere, i remember seeing the aircon one flicker more than the sliders ones,

does illumination to different parts of the dash/console come from different sources, as it's a bit of a coincidence that the one related to comfort are the dodgy ones, i bet it's all hidden behind the dash... in which case i may not bother, but maybe the case is that the sliders get the feed from the aircon switch? if so i may tackle it.

any info would be great,

thanks people
deian

p.s isn't it annoying that you can't lower the brightness of the radio display, it stands out too much for my liking when the rest are dimmer
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

It's not too bad a job to get to the lamps in the heater control panel. Not much harder than taking out the radio.

There are two bulbs fitted to a lamp holder at the right hand side, one for the upper sliders and one for the lower. The switches have their own internal lamps and the switches themselves are fairly easy to pop out.

Dunno about the radio display, mine dims with the rest of them.
It infuriates me to be wrong when I know I'm right

Lexia ponce

http://perception.dyndns.biz/~avengineering/index.htm
deian

Post by deian »

no way? the radio bit really annoyes me, there maybe a missing wire in the connections somewhere

so basically i need to take the radio out and reach down to the left to check the bulbs?

the radio could do with refitting, it squeeks and rattles like no tomorrow, if i can sort that out too the car would be rattle and knock free.
davetd
My Cars:

Post by davetd »

Be careful taking out the double bulbholder!

It took me alot of manipulating and I had to move the sliders around a bit too to get it out.

Also if you take off the front slider display, you'll find the rubber strips keep falling out when you replace it.

Good luck though

davetd
93 Xantia SX TD Manual Metallic Grey 145,000 Non Anti-Sink