Headlight, C3, Warning !!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Mads
My Cars:

Headlight, C3, Warning !!

Post by Mads »

Warning: (Early?) C3 lamps may have bad water seals! Last weekend I had the headlights off my C3 and brought them in to dry overnight only to find this weekend that they where full of water again :cry: On closer inspection the permanent sealing between the clear "glass" and the body seemed to be less than perfect and I think the assembly quality is suspect. I now tried to reseal with bathroom silicone, hope that cures the problem. So: Keep an eye on your lamps, too much water will kill the light adjuster mechanism and you'll have to get a new (85£ at GSF)!

Original:

One of the headlights on my C3 has decided to point to the sky rather than on the road. I have possibly done some sort of damage in my struggle to get my hand in to fit a new bulb :cry: . The regulator mechanism doesn't seem to work on that lamp either, so I suspect I disturbed the hight regulator mechanism. Can't seem to locate the mechanism anywhere, so I plan to take the whole lamp out this weekend. Does anyone know what I should be looking for and can I get to it without taking the headlight out? (never had this problem on my Xantia :wink: ).

Thanks in advance :cry:
Last edited by Mads on 10 Dec 2006, 21:13, edited 1 time in total.
Mads

C3 1.4HDi, 2003, 85000km
Xantia 2.0 16v Estate, 1997, 195000km
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

you might find the regulater is attatched to the head lamp reflector with a plastic ball and socket,you might be able to re/engadge it by removeing the bulb so you can hold onto the reflector and snap it back onto the ball end of the adjuster
regards malcolm
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

my money is on the bulb not being fitted in correctly.the bulb can only be fitted one way & there is a tab on the base of the bulb to ensure this,if you try to fit it the wrong way it knocks the beam out because the bulb is not in straight.
To remove the whole lamp the bumper needs to be removed.
Mads
My Cars:

Post by Mads »

I already tried the bulb trick, and it was, unfortunately, fitted the same way round as the other headlight, which works OK.

I'll try to get to the adjuster linkage without taking the lamp out, but obviously the affected lamp is the one behind the battery which even for a simple bulb change requires hands and arms no more bulky than those on an average French baby . :cry: :cry: Anyhow bumper may not be too bad, got to get the wheels of for a disk and pad job anyway.

Thanks again
Mads

C3 1.4HDi, 2003, 85000km
Mads
My Cars:

Post by Mads »

Had the headlights off this weekend; turned out the faulty headlight was filled with water :shock: , possibly because I at some point had put the bulb lit on wrong (pretty easy to do :twisted: unfortunately )

It seams the motorized adjuster has seized, and I can't find a way to get it unstuck, so I had to put it all together again without fixing the fault. Guess I'll have to get a new headlight and do the whole thing over again.. :cry: :cry:
Mads

C3 1.4HDi, 2003, 85000km