GSF sphere part number?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

steelcityuk
My Cars: not applicable

GSF sphere part number?

Post by steelcityuk »

I'm going to replace my rear spheres at the weekend, please can anyone confirm I need the following part N45368. It's for a HDI Exclusive so hydractive 2 suspension. I've checked the GSF list but see no mention of HDi or hydractive 2, have I missed them?

Also a further question if I may, are the spheres different for HA1 and HA2?

Thanks.
not applicable
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Sounds like the right one - HDi not specially mentioned, but pr.net only has one type of rear hydractive sphere for all hatchback models (although there is a different one for Activa of course, and they list different ones for hot / cold countries). GSF used to have a sphere application table, but I can't find it on their site now.

You should of course replace all 3 spheres, in which case you'll also need to centre sphere - this is what gives the soft ride. If it's never been done, probably worth doing the A/S sphere also - watch out for the pipe going into this one though!

Xantia only ever had HA2 so don't worry about HA1 / HA2

Interesting point for general discussion - pr.net lists 'Slimline' spheres for the rear (for all applications) - anybody ever seen one, or know why?????
Richard W
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Do they mean they are rationalising on C5 spheres for everything?

Imagine selling the cars in the future with'Genuine round spheres!'
jeremy
steelcityuk
My Cars: not applicable

Post by steelcityuk »

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the info.

The sphere list is here -

http://www.gsfcarparts.com/downloads/sphere_table.pdf

I've already swapped all the other spheres (6 of them) in the late summer so I'm hoping these are still alright. It's also been flushed for about 1500 miles so I'm hoping this will finally transform the ride to soft and floaty when cruising at usual speeds, i.e not when sport mode kicks in. Fingers crossed!

Steve.
not applicable