2.1td coolant leak

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

davethewheel

2.1td coolant leak

Post by davethewheel »

it seems i'm plagued by water leaks with this car, i've had to fit a new expansion bottle, then a new heater matrix and now it has a leak from where the hose from the radiator goes onto the cylinder head below the fuel filter, the part that bolts to the cylinder head is made of plastic and is secured by three bolts i removed this to find that there was no seal in there and it had been bodged with instant gasket so i've fitted the correct seal which looks like a smaller version of an oil filter seal but it's still leaking, i can't see any damage or distortion to the plastic housing.
i've looked on P.R. net and the one shown on there has the radiator hose coming out of the housing from the side but mine comes straight out towards the radiator is this a modification and if so i will probably need to change the radiator hose as well.
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

From what you say,the housing sounds the same as was fitted to my 1.9TD.Mine broke where the hose clamps onto.The housing was £4 + vat from Peugeot 2 1/2 yrs ago.£1.50 cheaper than Citroen :?:
53`406 est SE Hdi 140,110k