Hengst thread - why locked???????

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jeremy
My Cars:

Hengst thread - why locked???????

Post by jeremy »

What have I missed? There is a serious suggestion that an otherwise respectable manufacturer and supplier may have been hijacked by counterfieters and the thread is locked?? Can't see many race, creed, sex or oher problems with that? Not very exciting I'll grant you but I have a remote personal interest having 2 of their oil filters sitting on my shelf to be fitted soon!

So why is a thread as boring as this locked? Tedium has never before been a reason for locking threads.
jeremy
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

As the topic starter I too would like to know.

Thanks to Anders, I do believe the ones I have are fakes and I will be in touch with the distributor I purchased them from and Hengst tomorrow.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
f00lzz
My Cars:

Post by f00lzz »

Yes.. An explanation would be courteous.
Ian
Account Ref: 6419

Current Cars
Nissan X-Trail SVE
Saab 2.2TiD
Merc E270 Estate

Past Citroens
2001 Xantia 3.0 Exclusive
1999 Xantia 1.9TD
1997 Xantia 3.0 Exclusive
1995 XM 3.0 Exclusive Estate
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Last edited by AndersDK on 21 Nov 2006, 15:03, edited 1 time in total.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
Bananaman
My Cars:

Post by Bananaman »

Reading between the lines I think Anders was worried about the possibility of litigation from the proper company bassed on someone off the site saying their products were defective - however the thread is at least now running its course and the filter looks to be a shonky copy.

Personally I dont feel we have anything to hide by exposing poor workmanship publically (this from a man who once parked his car on the dealers forcourt with a huge sign in the windscreen listing its faults) At least in this case it would appear the goods are poor quality copies rather than the proper artical suddenly going downhil.

Huzahh for free speech.
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

Guys, don't start burning your bras...... :oops: :oops:
As there was some concern by the moderating team as to where this thread was going, it was locked as a precaution and I was contacted.
One of the problems we have here of course is that I sleep whilst you play (or should that be work?) :roll: so there was a time factor involved.
When I received the PM, I read through its contents and was of the opinion that if anything, it presented both sides of an argument in a fair minded manner, presented facts based on experience and praised the genuine product whilst highlighting the possibility of the existence of possible non genuine cheaper items being on the market.
As a result, it was decided to unlock it and let it run.
Well done for bringing it to our attention, but remember, whenever a thread is locked, it's usuallly done for very good reasons and often after at times long winded discussions between us.

Alan S
RIP Sept 19th 2008.

She said "Put the cat out" She didn't mention it was on fire!!
philhoward

Post by philhoward »

Thanks for the explanation, Alan...Looks like Hengst were ahead of us (looking at the following posts), although something like "locked for possible legal reasons" would have been appreciated if that was possible. Our minds tend to add 2 and 2 and make 34!! I was one of those (as you can tell from my post) who was following this one late that night then found the "Why locked" post - i was a little confused!

I agree with your (collective) reasons for locking it - i've seen posts in the past go a long way past this one in terms of possible slander etc..!
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

Commonly referred to as "A stitch in time" :wink: :wink: :twisted:

Alan S
RIP Sept 19th 2008.

She said "Put the cat out" She didn't mention it was on fire!!