Xantia alarm switch - How does it work?!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Jacob2112
My Cars:

Xantia alarm switch - How does it work?!

Post by Jacob2112 »

Don't laugh! I have a 1997 xantia 1.9Td Desire. The alarm silencer does not have a key facility as far as I can see...it looks like I should push the rubber button on the top!!
I've disconnected and reconnected the battery a couple of times (first time at 11pm!) and the neighbours aren't happy!! I've only just discovered the switch, so what do I do next time I want to disconnect.

Help!!

Thanks
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

Jacob2112

Ok, a nice easy one. Have the car open with your key in the ignition ready. Make sure you can turn the key without the steering lock holding you up

Now, on the dash behind the Wiper stalk find a button with what looks like a speaker with a cross through it.. DONT get mixed up with the one with arrows and a cross through it thats for the rear windows..

Make sure you have the speaker with a cross, now, disconnect battery, then reconnect, then as quickly as possible, goto car, press the button with the cross on it and at same time switch on ignition - make sure you keep the crossed button pressed while switching on, the indicators should the flash quickly!!! This then should have reset your alarm, having the same affect as useing the PLIP were possible!!

Hope this settles your noise pollution

Regards
citroenxm
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

The handbook states that so long as you depress the alarm switch (found
on the lower right hand side above the fuse box cover) within 5 seconds of
turning on the ignition the flashing lights/alarm will stop.

Andrew