Hengst Diesel Filters - A warning...

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Sorry Andrew,never refreshed page since i last posted trying to get photo on. :)
53`406 est SE Hdi 140,110k
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

Love it! NOW that's 3 different examples of packaging layout. Either their
graphic design team don't have homes to go to, or everyone in China is
blagging a slice of Mr Hengst's action... :roll:

More likely is ALL are correct but samples of morphing from one style to
another - this stuff is on a fast turnaround just like Weetabix and may
even be deliberate to keep ahead of the counterfeiters...

Andrew
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

This is all getting most interesting.

I wish I'd kept the boxes my Hengst oil filters came in but I'm almosty certain they were of the dark blue as your picture show NP. This, from the Hengst website suggests the dark blue is the genuine colour and that the paler blue is perhaps not.

I looked at the oil filters in situ this evening and the Hengst logo is printed very clearly on a very dark blue (almost black) background. The logo on the suspect, brand new fuel filter I have is very indistinct and on the one that was removed from the 205, washed off totally. Also, in the box containing the new fuel filter is a paper insert telling how to replace the filter, poorly printed on poor paper with a spelling mistake. It certainly does not look very German to me.

In another Post (in the Peugeot area) you can read of the problems I'm currently having with the 205. I just hope the use of that filter and my current difficulties are in no way connected. I think it is a coincidence but there is no denying the problems have occurred since fitting this filter.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

The instuctions in my filter were on a thick piece of A4,very clearly printed pictures.I also had a bag with the new seal,& 4 fuel pipe plugs for the ends of the fuel pipes on the filter housing.Although my filter is like the 1 in andmcit`s picture.
And a right pain in the backside to change,unlike the 1 on my old Xantia :lol: :x .
53`406 est SE Hdi 140,110k
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

The logo image link I submitted is taken directly from the Hengst homepage. Must be the most recent original logo then. They also show various examples of fakes, but mostly other company names with the same design as the original logo - Like "Honest filter" :idea:
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

An update :)

I contacted ECP via phone and had a really good chat about it. They were most interested and asked for further details by e-mail.

Today I received a reply containing an exchange of corrspondence with Hengst. This is the first instance they have seen and both ECP and Hengst are most interested to see the filter and subject to some tests.

I shall shortly be sending the filter off to ECP and will await news with interest.

I am pleased that a large organistion like ECP have taken the time and trouble to listen to me as an ordinary private motorist and take the matter seriously. Hats off to ECP for good customer service. :D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...