That sinking feeling... Xantia VSX

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

steelcityuk
My Cars: not applicable

Post by steelcityuk »

Thanks for the info guys. Maybe this is also tied up with the faster than normal ticking of the accumulator. I'm hoping for dry weather over the Christmas break so that I can investigate this further. However this morning I've found that the aerial is letting water in following heavy rain all night.

Steve.
not applicable
steelcityuk
My Cars: not applicable

Post by steelcityuk »

After going back through all the previous problems/solutions/advice about Hydractive and sinking problems, I've connected up an LED indicator to show when the ECU is energising the valves. At the same time I also slotted in a couple of diodes in case this was the problem. Taking the car for a spin revealed that the ECU is working as it should (I think). A quick burst of brightness followed by a dim glow. Also when switching off the ignition it seems to cycle the HA valves in readiness for a load change. It's interesting to see how much the sports setting alters the reaction of the ECU.

However over the last couple of days I've found that if I park the car in high mode after a few hours the front is on the floor and the tail is up in the air.

More fault finding needed I guess.

Steve.
not applicable