bx rev counter, make it work please???

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

talbotsteve
My Cars: Had, an AX, countless BX's, ZX's, Xsara's, Xantia's, Xsara Picasso's, and now only have a C4 Picasso Lounge, which drinks tooooooo much.

bx rev counter, make it work please???

Post by talbotsteve »

Have tried through the haynes manual to rectify this fault at first it just jumped around now it doesn't work at all, the haynes manual refers to a top dead centre sensor but fails to disclose exactly where it is!!!, well i couldn't find it any who.Any ideas before i rip the clocks out to check they are ok?
cheers steve
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Which engine - it makes a difference as to the location of the sensor. Year might help as well.

Sensors are subject to engine vibration and this can break the lead. They are like an ABS sensor and so will check for continuity with a multimeter.
jeremy
talbotsteve
My Cars: Had, an AX, countless BX's, ZX's, Xsara's, Xantia's, Xsara Picasso's, and now only have a C4 Picasso Lounge, which drinks tooooooo much.

Post by talbotsteve »

it is a tzd estate 92 car 1.7 turbo,
any help greatfully received
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

the sensor is located behind the engine going into the gear box just below cylinder head level,usualy its bad conection at the plug,which is normaly found behind the battery and is brown,once you have found the sensor trace the wire backto its plug,pull it appart clean and plug back in
regards malcolm
talbotsteve

Post by talbotsteve »

Cheers malcolm i shall try that this weekend, as a mate has borrowed the old girl this week due to blowing his xsara up well and truely
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

aint that the best thing to do with a xsara,what strength dineamight did he use HE HE HE
regards malcolm