power steering feed pipe

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

citronut
My Cars:

power steering feed pipe

Post by citronut »

dose any one know if the main steering feed pipe from the regulater to the flow valve is the same on all power steering BXs,i am after one for a BX 16valve GTI,my local dealer said it is diferant on the 16 valve,and no longer avalible for the said model,i just tried looking it up on pr.net and it would not let me veiw the steering feed pipes
regards malcolm

ps.
this pipe is the short walking stick shped one
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Hi Malcolm -

PR-net is a sure source of entertainment for hours 8)

1230 03 394111 SUPPLY SUSPENSION PIPING DIRECTION ASSISTEE
1/12/2006 2 SUPPLY SUSPENSION PIPING 1230 03 3941 11
http://www.citroen-pr.net/catalogues/il ... 941110.gif

Search route on PR-net :

BX -> Hydraulic system -> lower of the 2 upper right inserts showing rear axle pipes -> second right diagram from bottom -> click here -> 1230 03 394111

Both versions of 16V pipes are NFP - no longer available. I would think however that the diesel pipe is very much the same, as the fitment, routing and installation is very much the same.
With a little luck only a couple of bends differs.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

There is always Plaides (or however they spell it) - which can be found on the net.

Try the BX Club - it may be someone their has one in their parts hoard.

I must say I'm surprised that they differ from the diesel ones - as a quick glance at the installation looked the same to me! Obviously I was wrong.

http://bxclub.co.uk/forum/index.php
jeremy
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

aparently the 16v one is shorter than the others,i to thought all BXs with power steering have the flow valve directly obove the regulater,with the same walking stick shaped pipe
Anders that shcematic only indicates the suspension system feed pipes,even though it seems to show the steering feed pipes they dont have a referance No. by them,i think the one im after is just above the one marked 2 going from the regulater to flow valve,also i dont advise adjusting the bends in the lrger bore pipes as they do fracture at the seems
regards malcolm
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Malcolm - link below leads to microfisches of the S11 BX petrol parts manual. Its the last item under BX - others are interesting and some in English - in fact most BX items there are.

http://citroeny.cz/servis/servis.htm
jeremy
slim123

Post by slim123 »

The only difference that I can think of is that on some models, the pipe exits the flow distributor valve and then goes down to a coiled section, then carrys along the brace below the flywheel, then goes along the subframe to the pinion.
The other option is, from the flow distributor valve, along the brace, THEN the coil and then off to the pinion.

So the only difference is where the coil is.

I think that both will fit, they must both be long enough as the flow valve and pinion are located in the same position on all BX models.

Give Pleiades a call on 01487 831239, they can make one for you if you have trouble getting one.

Regards
Slim
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

slim123 wrote:The only difference that I can think of is that on some models, the pipe exits the flow distributor valve and then goes down to a coiled section, then carrys along the brace below the flywheel, then goes along the subframe to the pinion.
The other option is, from the flow distributor valve, along the brace, THEN the coil and then off to the pinion.

So the only difference is where the coil is.

I think that both will fit, they must both be long enough as the flow valve and pinion are located in the same position on all BX models.

Give Pleiades a call on 01487 831239, they can make one for you if you have trouble getting one.

Regards
Slim
thanks slim but im not talking about those two pipes,as i said in both of the previous posts its the very short pipe which goes from the main presure regulater at the front of the gear box to the steering flow valve which is situated directly above this regulater,and i think the only diferance must be because the induction manifold is in the way of the usual pipe,so there will only be a very slight diferance in its length
regards malcolm
slim123

Post by slim123 »

Hi Malcolm.

Sorry it's me not reading it properly!!

I take it this is the short 6.35 pipe shaped in an upside down "J" shape.

Still if you measure the length needed, Pleiades will make one up and you can bend it to shape yourself. Cupro nickel pipe is very easy to bend and shape.

I usually measure using a piece of string from nut to nut, them tell them the length of the string, they will add on the extra needed for the fittings and flares.

Regards
Slim
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

right i have a part No for this pipe now it is 96016910,if any one knows the whereabouts of one,i would rather not use a made up one in kupronicle,as i have found them to slit at the seem weld with the 6.35mm pipes
regards malcolm