clutch cable clip

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

pete woods
My Cars:

clutch cable clip

Post by pete woods »

Hope you all had a good Christmas.
Can't help feeling mine would have been better if I hadn't bought a Xantia! Oh well.
The latest problem. I put my foot on the clutch & the clip & plastic fitting broke in two. I have a new clip but the garage say it's a 5 hour job to fit it!!!! Nooooooo this can't be happening! There must be away of replacing the clip without having the dash out. Can anyone help?
alexx
My Cars:

Post by alexx »

Try this link
http://forum.cjb.net:81/cgi-bin/forum.c ... 4sBki1v1Pp
Hope it will be of some help
Alex
pete woods
My Cars:

Post by pete woods »

Cheers Alex I owe you
Pete
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

Hmmm......loosening the brake valve was also the method I used to gain enough clearance to remove the clutch pedal bolt as it too was in with the head on the other side, but since playing around with the pushrod on the brake pedal it makes much more sense to pull that out instead, should do the same job.
I didn't go down this route when I did mine because I couldn't see how the pushrod came away from the pedal, and it was in very tight so I left it for fear of breaking it.
Others had said that it just pulled out though, so I got brave a short while ago because I wanted to remove the spring and have a solid feel to the brakes, so I gave it a rock about and a good old snig and sure enough out it came, but it was in tight.
Dave