Xantia Door Mirror

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Malcolm
My Cars:

Xantia Door Mirror

Post by Malcolm »

Hi, I need a RH electric door miror for a '96 18i 16v Xantia, silver. Someone has snapped sister-in-laws off over night - Malcolm, can you.......
Disappointing to have to fork out for someone elses vandalism whatever. New one not being painted is a pain. Anyone know of a breaker / second-hand parts dealer who may have a silver one?
Cheers
Malcolm
'98 Xantia Estate LX - RIP 13/08/16
'08 Renault Trafic 115dci
_kid_

Post by _kid_ »

iv'e had both side done as someone kindly smashed both sided off, i now fold one side in, and have repaired the other side but cant fold it in.

Mine are colour coded but green, however the colour coded panel just unclips off so you can change the colour-coded panel around, or they do on mine.

Are you sure the mirror cant be repaired, normally a few screws to connect the mirror to the triangular shaped black panel should hold it together, although you cant fold the mirror in using this method.

If you want 2nd hand one try ebay.
currently no citroens :-(
1.4 2000 forte now gone too
xantia 1.8i 16v dimension 1996P now gone,
Malcolm
My Cars:

Post by Malcolm »

Hi, thanks for reply. I've not seen her car since it was damaged. I was wondering if the colour bit would clip off, which you have now confirmed. The suggested repair sounds good, I'll have to get down and see if something like that is possible. Thanks again, Malcolm

p.s. yes I've looked on ebay - no 2nd hand. I've emailed a couple of previous 2nd hand suppliers - no joy
Malcolm
SteveG

Post by SteveG »

Malcolm wrote:
p.s. yes I've looked on ebay - no 2nd hand. I've emailed a couple of previous 2nd hand suppliers - no joy
Try this auction item: 280045154517

HTH
Malcolm
My Cars:

Post by Malcolm »

Thanks for that Steve. Looks like that one or something like it is best option. I'll just have to do a bit of painting, as I don't think these have the interchangeable 'clip on' colour piece. Thanks again
Malcolm
Malcolm