Citroen ZX and AX

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

victor xt
My Cars:

Citroen ZX and AX

Post by victor xt »

Hi there mates, i want to ask you if the calipers from the AX fit the 1.4 ZX avantage, mines are bendix i guess, because to take the pads out, i have to pull this little guide ( around 2 inches ) and take both pads out.

The caliper i have, it does a creacky noise with the car stationary, i did lube the guides of the piston, but it seems it didn't work out.

Other thing i want to ask, the 3 nuts in the tower mcpherson, i tightened again, and the knocking sound in the suspension was pretty much little than it used to be, i changed both p bushes and the lower ball joint on both sides and the other for the anti roller ball.

What should it cause this knocking sound in the right side of my 1.4 ZX ?

Cheers :D
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Knocking could be the bearing at the top of the strut. I expect there is a ball bearing in there, and I know from past experience with other cars that they cause a knock that is very difficult to locate.

Don't know what model of AX you are referring to but why not have a look at the Quinton Hazell discs and drum catalogue and see if they are the same.

http://www2.qha.com/catalogues/QH15.pdf

They also publish a number of other catalogues for download which include a brake pads one.
jeremy
victor xt
My Cars:

Post by victor xt »

Thanks Jeremy, i really appreciate your help, hope this knocking sound to dissappearm, now i know where to find it out.

I was searching in the PDF catalogue and they're not the same calipers, so, thanks again for your help

:)