Xantia ride height

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

SteveG

Xantia ride height

Post by SteveG »

1997 Xantia 1.9TD VSX Estate.

I'm planning to change the rear spheres this weekend - weather permitting - and although I don't anticipate touching the height adjuster ... you just never know what might happen.

Anyway, I did a quick search of the forum and found a couple of references to a diagram showing the ride height and how to measure it but can't find the actual diagram. Can someone please direct me towards it, please?

Much obliged :)
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

Looks like the original has dissapeared...

The site that I thought I got it from doesn't seem to have it anymore, and because its a non-english site and has had a big redesign I couldn't find whether it had just been moved somewhere else or not....(or even if it was the right site) so I've uploaded a copy to my own homepage:

http://homepages.igrin.co.nz/simon/imag ... height.jpg

By the way none of the tyre sizes in the table match either my old tyres (185/65/15) or new ones (205/60/15) but I found the figures in the bottom column matched the figures calculated from the Citroen service manual the best. (Their method gives figures that allow you to take variations in tyre rolling radius into account accurately)

This simplified diagram (I think it originates in the Haynes manual) is not applicable to the V6 or Activa, but is close enough for most other models.

Regards,
Simon
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
JohnD
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5-X7 tourer
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

Post by JohnD »

Probably the site Simon refers to is this one:-
http://www.citroeny.cz/servis/servis.htm
There's masses of material in the pages (if you can read it), and I recall Anders copied the Xantia height settings from it and posted them on Andyspares three years or so ago.
2010 C5 X7 VTR+Nav 160
1998 1.5 Saxo
1998 Pug 306 1.9D
2018 C4 B7 VTR+
2011 Citroen C1
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

Yep, thats the site I'm talking about... I'm pretty sure my pic came from that site but buggered if I can find it there now!! There seems to be lots of new goodies in its place though :lol:

In fact I have a big collection of pictures and technical information I've downloaded over the last year for the Xantia, some of which doesn't seem to be available anymore, and I'm wondering what to do about it. (Anyone notice the site with the Hydractive 2 training manual has also dissapeared - the entire site that is! I have a printout of the whole manual, but only still have 80% of the original files for some strange reason)

Regards,
Simon
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Have a look here - seems to be Activa information and others - haven't studied it carefully yet as I only found it yesterday.

In fact this is the CitroenY site in its new form - glad its back!

http://citroeny.cz/servis/servis.htm
jeremy
SteveG

Post by SteveG »

Mandrake wrote:Looks like the original has dissapeared...

The site that I thought I got it from doesn't seem to have it anymore, and because its a non-english site and has had a big redesign I couldn't find whether it had just been moved somewhere else or not....(or even if it was the right site) so I've uploaded a copy to my own homepage:

http://homepages.igrin.co.nz/simon/imag ... height.jpg

By the way none of the tyre sizes in the table match either my old tyres (185/65/15) or new ones (205/60/15) but I found the figures in the bottom column matched the figures calculated from the Citroen service manual the best. (Their method gives figures that allow you to take variations in tyre rolling radius into account accurately)

This simplified diagram (I think it originates in the Haynes manual) is not applicable to the V6 or Activa, but is close enough for most other models.

Regards,
Simon
Many thanks Mandrake. That looks like what I'm looking for :-)

That citreony site looks like it could be useful ... if I could speak Czech :-)
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Some of the downloads on CitroenY are in english - lots are not - but the diagrams will help. i seem to remember from the old one that there were loads of diagrams.

Some whole haynes manuals there - for BX and ZX - as well as some factory ones
jeremy
SteveG

Post by SteveG »

Blimey, that was easy :D

Had a bit of a problem sorting out a tool to use but otherwise everything went to plan. The ride is now back to excellent Xantia specification and even the ride height is correct.

Cheers for the help, folks 8)
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Glad it went all ok Steve.I`ll pop that lighter around tomorrow on way home from Sainsburys.You can have the Haynes manual as well if you want it.Nobody else does. :)
53`406 est SE Hdi 140,110k