Bottom Mount(rear drivers side) 1.9td Xantia mk1

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

Has helped no end with the annoying see-sawing of the engine but it does transmit more vibrations thru the body, i think due to not being fully seated.
Thats probably because as it's not quite all the way in there's some metal to metal contact between the link bracket and the shell of the mounting.

Mine didn't go in quite all the way either so I just ground a bit off the edge of the mounting's shell where it stuck out of the housing to prevent it rubbing against the bracket and transmitting vibes.
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Now thats an idea bodger :) Saves me taking the mounting plate off and i can just use my grinding wheel on it :)

I was thinking if its on tight maybe over time the vibrations would pull it into the mounting more while there is tonnes of grease in there but i doubt it :(

I am kicking myself now for not using sandpaper on the inside of the housing for longer to try and make it a bit bigger for the casgin to slide into or choping a slit in the casing of the mount bearing to allow it so go in easier...
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

you must not make it an easyer fit or it will move about and wear things away,also as i said earlyer if you hit any one point of the edge to hard it will lock up,the trick is gently bently
regards malcolm
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

A 50mm socket is about the right size to fit on the edge of the bush, but I tried hitting that but it wouldn't budge, so I had to resort to bashing the sides of the bush, it went in just about flush. If it isnt far enough the bracket may foul the edge and cause the vibration problem you are experiencing.