Xantia Rear Window and Headlight Washer Pump Relay Locations

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Xantia Rear Window and Headlight Washer Pump Relay Locations

Post by Richard Gallagher »

I've discovered two faults on my Xantia Activa both of which require locating the relevant relays in order to trace the faults. I know that there are relays located behind the battery and below the fuse box in the drivers footwell, but as to what relay controls what function I cannot find any information on.

The first problem is that the electric rear windows work when the switches on the centre console are used but not via the rear door switches. The door switches are not receiving a 12v supply and do not light up as the front/centre console ones do. I've checked the isolator switch on the dash which works OK, but I'm having trouble working out where exactly the relay listed as number 6121 in the wiring diagram, "rear function locking relay" is located.

Likewise, the second problem is that the headlight washers are not working (I know the procedure of requiring headlights on etc). I've checked the pump with a direct 12 volt supply which shows it as OK, but where exactly is the relevant relay (number 5400 on the wiring diagram) located?
Berlingo Multispace 05 1.6 HDI
Picasso 02 HDI SX
Xantia 97 TD VSX
Xantia 96 Activa
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

I've now managed to find the location of both of these relays.

The rear window relay (the only black relay on the panel on this particular car) is located below the fuse box near to the drivers right foot. On my Activa the relay had been fitted in the wrong slot :?

The headlight washer pump timer relay is located in the offside front wheel arch right at the top, behind the plastic liner. Its held within a black box which also contains the cruise control relay.

Of course this is the first place I looked........................Well OK, maybe not!
Berlingo Multispace 05 1.6 HDI
Picasso 02 HDI SX
Xantia 97 TD VSX
Xantia 96 Activa
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

MMmm, I reckon as they went down the production line the man doing the wiring did each one a little differently just for a laugh.
It infuriates me to be wrong when I know I'm right

Lexia ponce

http://perception.dyndns.biz/~avengineering/index.htm