Hydraflush procedure

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

andya
My Cars:

Hydraflush procedure

Post by andya »

Hi All
Can anyone talk me through the procedure step by step for putting Hydraflush in my system (Xantia 1.9D m reg)
Also I'm renewing both front spheres and the accumulator sphere - do I do this before or after the Hydraflush??
Cheers
Andy
JohnD
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5-X7 tourer
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

Post by JohnD »

The hydraflush is going to stay in the system for at least a 1000 miles so do that which is most urgent first. Probably the LHM change. The procedure is: Move the height lever to the lowest position. Open the release screw ONLY ONE TURN to depressurise the system. If necessary detach the hoses from the centre section of the reservoir (unless you have a 2.1 you won't need to do this). Release the clip on the reservoir cover and lift out the section holding the filters. Have a container handy to keep them in. The filters should be removed and washed in petrol. Remove the two securing screws and lift out the tank, emptying the contents into a container for disposal. Fill up with hydraflush. Close the release screw, move the height lever to the highest position and start the engine. If luck is on your side, the height will adjust it's self. Take the height from high to low a few times. Since the brake pipes are dead ends it's benificial to bleed the brakes to get rid of the old fluid. After a 1000 miles or so, repeat the process ueing LHM. Since a little fluid is lost in changing the spheres, any changing could be done just before putting in the new fluid.