Later 1998 plip problem.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

JohnT
My Cars:

Later 1998 plip problem.

Post by JohnT »

Do I reall have to shell out loads of dosh to get the plips working on a Xantia 1.8 late 1998? Just got the car and of course there ain't no security code with the car! Any suggestions please?
Cheers!
John
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Your cheapest route would be to get a plip and reciever from a scrap car. I would think it would be a radio type in that year. In the XM the reciever is located under the glove box, dont know if the xantia is the same.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

if you get the plip recever for a mk2 xantia from another car you would also need the matching engine ECU to go with it as the recever is part of the CPH unit & this also is the imobiliser control unit.
You can get the transponder code from citroen but it will cost you about £15 unless the original dealer has it on file.you then need to program them an all the keys you have with a diagnostic computer.
tomthered
My Cars:

Post by tomthered »

I bought a new plip from citroen. just aimed it at the receiver and it picked it up. Mind u it was from a 1996 model so would that be different, it was a mk2. Cost £68 but have seen them on ebay cheaper. surely an old plip would be the same procedure? I asked in the citroen spares what to do and they were very helpful.
JohnT
My Cars:

Post by JohnT »

Thanks for the comments, I have two plips but none work and I have tried the routine to programme them as with the older plip, no joy though. Looks like its off to the dealer then!
Cheers!
John