Diesel Fuel Additive C5 2.2 51 plate

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

C5IAM
My Cars:

Diesel Fuel Additive C5 2.2 51 plate

Post by C5IAM »

Having done 65ooo the diesel fuel additive requires topping up. Have bought a litre, £28, and I see it goes in the tank under the offside rear seat squab. Is there a special procedure for topping it up?? The top seems to be secured with a large round collar, sim :roll: ilar to the fuel filter. Any help please.
C5 2.2 HDI Exclusive
C6 2.7 Twin turbo HDI Lignage
den169
My Cars:

Post by den169 »

A seperate tank for fuel additives thats news to me is that just the 2.2 model diesels.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

thats the main fuel tank you are looking at under the seat,the seperate tank is at the offside under the car & is filled up via a tube.
C5IAM
My Cars:

C5 Diesel fuel additive

Post by C5IAM »

Hi Wheeler, Thanks for the info, seems like you've saved me a major problem as I might have put all the additive in the main fuel tank. The additive tank you refer to, is it at the offside rear. I'll have the car up on a garage lift tomorrow and hopefully should be able to identify it. I did wonder what the tube etc was for. Will let you know how I get on
C5 2.2 HDI Exclusive
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

sorry its actually at the nearside rear just next to the wheel underneath a metal heatsheild.
Timaru

Re: Diesel Fuel Additive C5 2.2 51 plate

Post by Timaru »

C5IAM wrote:Having done 65ooo the diesel fuel additive requires topping up. Have bought a litre, £28, and I see it goes in the tank under the offside rear seat squab. Is there a special procedure for topping it up?? The top seems to be secured with a large round collar, sim :roll: ilar to the fuel filter. Any help please.
Make sure you have the right Eolys additive, it changed in Dec. '02 and the two are not compatible.
C5IAM
My Cars:

Eolys Diesel Fuel Additive

Post by C5IAM »

Hi Guys, Well thank you for all your help. I started with 1 Lt of additive and had to go and get another 3 litres - I reckon the tank holds about 5 litres all together. This will probably last me for as long as I keep the car. As a matter of interest, I filled the tank from under he car, but with all the kit that comes with the oil is there a way of filling it from under the bonnet?? All the extra tubing, hooks etc lead me to think there is. Anyway, many thanks for the advice. :)
C5 2.2 HDI Exclusive
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

no,there is a small pump in the Eolys tank with a short tube going into the main fuel tank next to it.none of the piping goea anywhere near under the bonnet.
C5IAM
My Cars:

Eolys fuel additive

Post by C5IAM »

Hi Wheeler, thanks for all the info.
C5 2.2 HDI Exclusive
KevMayer
My Cars:

Post by KevMayer »

Did you get an alarm to tell you the additive was low ?

Has the alarm reset now you've topped up the fluid ?

cheers, Kev
Cheers, Kev

02 plate C5 2.2 Hdi Exclusive SE (now 170k miles 03/21).

Used to have:- Xantia 1.9 TurboD SX. 1996 Blue & 1998 Silver Activa. + 1992 BX TZD Turbo.
C5IAM
My Cars:

Low Diesel Additive

Post by C5IAM »

Hi Kev, Yes, the 'service' light flashed for 20/30 seconds and the dash readout stated "Diesel Fuel Additive at Minimum Level". These warnings come on each time the ignition is turned on and occasionally during a journey
C5 2.2 HDI Exclusive
C5IAM
My Cars:

Low Diesel Additive

Post by C5IAM »

Hi Kev, Yes, the 'service' light flashed for 20/30 seconds and the dash readout stated "Diesel Fuel Additive at Minimum Level". These warnings come on each time the ignition is turned on and occasionally during a journey
C5 2.2 HDI Exclusive
C5IAM
My Cars:

Low diesel fuel additive

Post by C5IAM »

Sorry Kev, missed your second part. Yes the alarm has reset itself.
C5 2.2 HDI Exclusive
bbrucez
My Cars:

DIESEL ADDITIVE LOW

Post by bbrucez »

When I got "UNBLOCK DIESEL FILTER" at 70k, I had it cleaned had 5 litres of Eolys put in the additive tank.
Messages stopped for 2k, then I got "DIESEL ADDITIVE LOW" so took it back. They tried to put more Eolys in but it overflowed after 1 litre.
I disconnected the battery for a few days but the message persists.
Any ideas?
Cheers,
Bruce
2001Y C5 2.2HDI
1972K Volvo 1800E
2003 53 Smart Passion
1998S Nissan Skyline GTR VSpec
curly
My Cars:

diesel additive

Post by curly »

My warning light came on yesterday. I rang my local cit dealer for a price of a filler kit , they told me they could not sell me it as it is classed as a dangerous substance, but they would sell it to my local workshop who could sell it to me if they so required .Has anyone had the same problem?

Going to my local garage tomorrow to see if they will get the stuff in for me.
The bloke at Cit dealer said I would have to get the computer reset at Cit dealer or the pump in tank would not know what it was doing. If your local garage has a machine to read the computer then surely your local garage can reset the computer, are Cit trying a fast one ?
Please help
Curly